If you havnt heard the name Christy Prior in New Zealand Snowboarding scene then you have been stuck in a cave.
Christy has been turning heads not only in the street but everywere you might find a flick of snow, she is rated one of N.Z top female snowboarders and is one to keep a close eye on.
Unfortunately Christy was out for all of August with a shoulder injury and only just started back on the snow a day before the last TRIC slopestyle at Remarks on the 24th of September but she still managed a couple of results including a career best at the Auckland big air.
Christy has been invited to train with the New Zealand Olympic team at the spring camp which will be held ar Cardrona starting on Monday 3rd October. She then will be heading back over to Breckenridge, Colorado where she will be back training and aiming to attend the Dew tour, US Open and possibly the World Champs in Oslo.
Here are a few highlights of the 2011 season.
My own edit of ‘Hot Laps with Christy Prior’ on NZsnowboard.com http://www.nzsnowboard.com/articles/1334/video__christy_prior_-_hotlaps
Surf¹n¹snow write up and competition around my write up:
Video edit of rodeo 720 at AK big air (June Œ11)
Northern Hemi Results:
- 1st Game of S.K.A.T.E. Open division men & woman. Breck, CO USA. (12th Feb)
- 3rd Compound rail jam, Breckenridge CO open division men &woman.USA. (12th Feb)
- 7th Burton AM, Winter Park, CO, USA. (29th January).
- 3rd ŒCampus Rail Jam Tour¹ Boulder, CO, USA. (3rd March) € 1st CMC rail jam, Leadville, Colorado, USA (19th March) € 1st Volcom PBRJ, Keystone, Colorado, USA (9th April) € Made finals at the PBRJ world championships in Mammoth (15th April) New Zealand Season
- 1st Auckland Big Air invitational women¹s division (5th June) € 1st OVERALL Auckland Big Air invitational women¹s & men¹s ski/board divisions € 1st Boxzilla Rail Jam. The Remarkables, Queenstown. (3rd July) € 1st Remarkables Slopestyle, Queenstown. (30th July) € 2nd Remarkables Slopestyle, Queenstown. (24th September) Link to one of my runs second day back on my board, back 180 to cab 540 combo: